- File Upload
- Products Page
- Contact us
- Automated Publishing
- White Papers
- About Us
- FrameMaker Training
Installing FrameMaker 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 in Windows 7
It is possible to installed earlier versions of FrameMaker in Windows 7. The following procedure will help you to install FrameMaker 6.0, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, or 8.0 in Windows Vista or Windows 7.
1. After you insert the FrameMaker install disk, do not run the autoplay. The earlier FrameMaker installers are built with an early version of flash and will not run in more recent versions of Windows. Click the option to Open folder to view files…
2. Open the FM folder.
3. Scroll down to the setup.exe file.
4. Right-click on the file and select Properties.
5. Click on the Compatibility tab. Check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for…
6. Select Windows XP (either Service Pack 2 or 3).
7. Click OK.
8. Give Windows permission to run and run through the FrameMaker installer as normal. However, don’t install Adobe Acrobat. You will have to install a newer version of Acrobat and then create PDF files from FrameMaker by printing to PostScript and distilling them with Acrobat Distiller.
This is really good news, thanks for sharing this information.
Just to clarify: the mere XP compatibility mode (which, as far as I know, is available in all variations of Windows 7) is sufficient to install FrameMaker 7; the XP mode (also known as Virtual PC, which is available only for Windows 7 Professional upwards) is not required. Correct?
And a question: does what you describe work on the 32 bit or the 64 bit version of Windows 7? Or perhaps both?
XP compatibility mode is sufficient. This should work for both the 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows 7. Thanks.